Pentax K1000 Development

15:06:00

I shot a couple or rolls of film with the Pentax K1000, but I was having a lot of trouble digitising them. The IT centre in my college doesn't have the necessary equipment to enable their high end scanners to scan 35mm film properly, so for a long time I looked around for a proper method to scan my film. The search is still on to find a process to do so, so in the meantime I asked the film development shop to scan my film.

The only reason I want to do it myself, is so that I have better control over the digitisation process. The scans I get from the photo shop are 300dpi JPEG format images which means I can't edit them at all. I really want to get involved in the process of working on negatives and playing with colour to produce positive images.

I went to Mumbai for a week or so, and I spent one morning roaming in the fort area with the Pentax. Last time I visited the same area, I had a Nikon 3200 DSLR with me. It was really interesting to use a different medium to take photographs in the same place and compare the experiences. With the DSLR, everything around me seemed worthy of taking a picture of even though it might not actually be worth it. Shooting with the analogue SLR, time seemed to slow down and with only 36 shots, I was in no hurry to finish the roll. I enjoyed my walk through the place a lot more, and waited for a good shot. One advantage with the DLSR is that you can quickly take a shot, and the autofocus system really helps if you have to quickly whip out your camera and shoot. With the Pentax, I had to be patient and judge my shot well. With time and practice I'm sure that even the film SLR can be used to take those split moment shots











You Might Also Like

0 comments

what do you think?